Getting a take-away isn’t as simple out here in the Pennines compared to even a small town as the villages are so scattered – and getting it delivered is harder still. There are a few in reasonably easy reach of Rookhope which could be a useful stopping point on the way back to Terrace Cottage from a trip out – as well as a couple that will even deliver to Rookhope.
Here’s a few listed with opening times:
- Weardale Tandoori, Front street, Stanhope – 01388 526242;
- Stanhope Fish & Chips & Chinese, Cross St, Stanhope – 01388 528179;
- Village Chip Bar, Frosterley – 01388 526235;
- Roots of India, Front Street, Wearhead – 01388 526242; open 5 – 11pm
- Lau’s, Front Street, Wolsingham – 01388 527983
There aren’t many that will deliver as well as you’d probably guess, but Hungry House lists two:
Foysol Indian in Crook opens 5pm, Min order £8 + £3 delivery ; and
Best Kebab in Crook opens 4pm to 2am, Mon irder £6 + £4 delivery.